The Bible often refers to God as our Father, and Jesus called Him Father on multiple occasions, such as in His prayer in Matthew 6:9 – “Our Father in heaven, Your name be honored as holy.” God, who is Lord of all, also cares personally for us as our loving Father. He gives us mercy and comfort [2 Corinthians 1:3–4] and peace beyond our understanding [Philippians 4:7]. He cares for us and our needs [1 Peter 5:7], and His love is so great for us that we are called His children [1 John 3:1]. In fact, He loves us so much that He sent Jesus to die for our sins [Romans 5:8] and He desires that no one should choose to be separated from Him forever [2 Peter 3:9]. Through these Bible passages, and many more, we can see that God truly cares for and loves everyone and wants us to have a relationship with Him as our wonderful and amazing Father.
BIBLE VERSES ABOUT GOD THE FATHER:
(All verses are from the HCSB translation)
- “’Therefore, you should pray like this: Our Father in heaven, Your name be honored as holy.” – Matthew 6:9
- “Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort. He comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction, through the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” – 2 Corinthians 1:3–4
- “And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:7
- “casting all your care on Him, because He cares about you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
- “Look at how great a love the Father has given us that we should be called God’s children. And we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it didn’t know Him.” – 1 John 3:1
- “But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!” – Romans 5:8
- “The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance.” – 2 Peter 3:9
Coming Soon –
More in depth discussion on these topics. Sign up for our email newsletter list to not miss any, as well as receive free Bible Study tools and great Apologetics resources.